Hey, What’d I Miss? OTE Summary, 8/11– 8/17
Aug 21, 2012 at 2:31 pm
- A roundup of posts on the policies of Rep. Paul Ryan: laying out a few quick takes on policy stances by our new presumptive VP candidate, considering the impact of Ryan’s budget on vulnerable families, disputing Ryan’s undeserved rep as a “fiscal hawk,” and comparing the impact of Ryan’s budget to that of sequestration.
- Highlighting a Parade Magazine piece on rebuilding America’s schools.
- Wading into the weeds on Medicare: analyzing the difference between President Obama’s and Rep. Ryan’s $700 billion, looking at how the Romney-Ryan ticket is handling the issue, and forecasting that confusion re: Medicare Advantage might be the next misleading turn in the debate.
- Pointing out some problems with this Ernst and Young study on expiration of the high end Bush tax cuts.
- Discussing some key points of this New York Times Magazine piece on poverty and policy.
- Wishing Social Security a happy 77th birthday.
- OTE Live! Sitting down with Mike Grunwald to talk about “The New New Deal,” his important new book on the recovery act.
Music: heading into outer space with this week’s Friday Musical Interlude, featuring that plucky Martian space rover, Curiosity.
Bonus: I offer you my vlog of Ezra Klein’s explanation of the Romney budget inconsistency. Drink up!