- Celebrating Labor Day by talking about work, workers, who’s fighting for them, and who isn’t.
- Looking at the weekend papers, including a sweeping review of a bunch of books on what’s gone wrong with capitalism in the WaPo.
- Explaining why full employment should be on the New York Times list of reasons for the income slump.
- Highlighting Ben Bernanke’s speech wherein he stressed the benefits and costs of the unconventional stuff the Fed can do to help boost the economy when their main tool—the federal funds rate—is stuck at zero.
- Bemoaning the blatant acceptance of post-truthiness that one feels creeping deeply into our national debate.
- Laying out the flaws in Marty Feldstein’s WSJ op-ed, plus a TPC analysis of the myriad ways Marty went wrong.
- Considering the relationship between inflation and the output gap.
Music: an outsourced Friday Musical Interlude, featuring hip-hop phenom Frank Ocean.