- Rounding up some economic views that served us poorly in 2012.
- Laying out some more polemics on the chained CPI: a rough typology/continuum of the positions on this policy change.
- Asking why the Fed is the only game in town targeting unemployment, and delving deeper to explain why it would be weird if they weren’t.
- Considering a potential debt-ceiling showdown.
- Last but not least, a roundup of fiscal cliff posts: analyzing potential deals here and here, contemplating what happens if (when?) we go over the cliff, looking at what’s at stake in the midst of Congressional theatrics, contemplating Boehner’s choice and explaining why his Plan B was BS, noting that an elevated unemployment rate is waiting for us on the other side of the cliff, and providing some Christmas Eve fiscal cliff insight.
Musical Interlude: featuring a very catchy tune by Cher Lloyd, inspired by my kids who would rather listen to pop radio than Morning Edition.