Hey, What’d I Miss? OTE Summary, 1/23 – 1/28
Jan 28, 2013 at 4:24 pm
- Considering what we’d do if we wanted to attack inequality instead of deficits.
- Explaining why the makers/takers frame is factually wrong, not to mention mean-spirited and divisive.
- Hoping that the fire in the hair of the deficit hysterions has been extinguished.
- Noting that when it comes to cuts, we’ve already cut government spending by $1.5 trillion over ten years.
- Looking at new data showing that even as the labor market expanded in 2012, union membership fell again — and laying out a quick data note on that analysis.
- Analyzing the three-month suspension of the debt ceiling: how do we know we’re alive if we’re not lurching toward the next crisis?
Music: a crowd-sourced Friday Musical Interlude from you OTE’ers.
Bonus: I’m in Oregon to give talks in Eugene today and Portland tomorrow. Info here in case you’re out here.