- Analyzing the January jobs report, and rounding up some good (and not so good) analysis of the data.
- Showing that a college degree doesn’t inoculate you from the challenges of today’s job market.
- Considering the argument that the Federal Reserve could do more than they’re already doing to stimulate growth.
- Thinking about state (income, corporate, and sales) taxation.
- Noting that deficit crisis mode is both unwise and unnecessary.
- Explaining the negative GDP report: austerity at time when we need a fiscal push is a useful reminder that it’s not nature that has us stuck in this slog, it’s policy.
- Looking into the economics of immigration: comparing near- and long-term effects.
Bonus: calling all tech geeks for laptop recommendations.