- Considering the macro and micro impacts of impending sequestration.
- Thinking about the U.S. tax system as it turns 100.
- Talking about the recent history of the housing bust and economic recovery with Jim Parrott, former WH senior advisor for housing policy.
- Setting the record straight on the silly conservative talking point that the word “sequester” must actually be called “Obama’s sequester.”
- Discussing top salaries in the finance sector and gas prices with Kudlow & Co.
- Highlighting some pieces from the papes on gas prices and Simpson-Bowles II.
- Outlining three reactions to the new Simpson-Bowles deficit reduction plan.
Music: some simple, solidly swingin’ jazz from tenor sax man Hank Mobley in this week’s Friday Musical Interlude.