- On PostEverything: debunking the myth that President Obama is unfriendly to business, raising concerns over Paul Ryan’s new anti-poverty plan, and explaining how Ryan’s plan attacks the wrong problem and comes up with the wrong solution.
- Over at the Upshot: explaining the importance of shedding some light on dark pools — largely unregulated private stock exchanges.
- Interviewing author and economist Paul J. Wolfson on his new book, What Does the Minimum Wage Do?, which surveys the literature on the effects of the minimum wage.
- Describing how revenue neutrality creates winners and losers in Ryan’s new anti-poverty approach.
- Evaluating a few data series showing the lack of wage pressures.
- Analyzing the what little we really know about the tradeoff between inflation and unemployment.
Music: what can one do when the actions of humans just seem to be screwing everything up so badly? Listen to Ray Charles sing about it, in this week’s musical interlude.