- On PostEverything: explaining how North Carolina likely hurt people when it cut unemployment benefits, revisiting the history of block grants and budget cuts, looking at President Obama’s new executive order targeting contractors that violate labor laws, illustrating the potential stabilization of the labor force, and describing why a do-nothing Congress is better than an actively-do-harm Congress.
- On July’s employment numbers: previewing the data on Jobs Days Eve and giving my first impressions of July’s report.
- Analyzing key linkages between financial market oversight, economic recoveries, and full employment.
- Parsing the latest FOMC statement from the Fed.
- Making an obvious but important point regarding the vulnerability executive orders (hint: they’re not legislation.)
- Reiterating what Dean Baker and I have been saying for years — fear not big numbers!
Share the post "Hey, What’d I Miss? OTE 7/29 — 8/4"