- On poverty, thinking about the relationship between poverty and growth, calling on all nerds to pay attention to the reduced sample size in the Census Bureau’s poverty data, and analyzing the actual results from the Census.
- Teaming up with Harry Holzer to describe a win-win approach to increase the future labor force.
- Exploring some ideas to reduce American’s excessive stock buyback problem.
- Some thoughts as to why bond yields have come up a bit in recent weeks.
- Revisiting the self-fulfilling function of political dysfunction.
- Looking at two phenomena that have driven median income growth — full employment in the 1990s and a housing bubble in the 2000s.
- Describing how President Obama’s new overtime proposal could make a lot of people happier.
- Noting the big question (obsession) surrounding this month’s FOMC’s statement — will the Fed keep or drop the words “considerable time?”
Music: BB King getting’ down to bizness with Lucile (that’s his guitar’s name) and his great explanation as to why he sings the blues in this week’s musical interlude.