- Over at the NYT Economix blog: explaining why it’s time to adjust overtime pay for millions of workers and describing how aid to the poor is also an investment with returns that are often ignored.
- Noting that there was more to the stimulus than the stimulus.
- Illustrating the unequal recovery using real GDP, corporate profits, the stock market, and median household income.
- Explaining why quit rates and the short-term unemployment rate are but partial indicators of the recovery’s strength.
- Laying out some background on the Obama Administration’s great new overtime proposal, pointing to one graph that illustrates why we need the new overtime rule, explaining why labor standards are important, yours truly mixing it up with a guy from the business lobby on the NewsHour last week, and correcting some misinterpretations of the overtime lit.
- Highlighting a much better way to evaluate budget forecasts.
- Explaining the paradoxical position of the National Restaurant Association in the minimum wage debate.
Music: quintessential hard bop pianist Kenny Barron does the “One Finger Snap” in this week’s musical interlude.