- On the government shutdown: describing the economic impact of the shutdown, illustrating a negative multiplier in action, and rounding up some news coverage of the shutdown’s harmful effects.
- Over at the NYTimes Economix blog: examining the political economy of the shutdown.
- On the (lack of) September employment data: listing some alternatives to the BLS data, since the shutdown means no monthly jobs report.
- Explaining that the flailing and failing re Republican’s recent strategy.
- Opening up the credit box: credit constraints still abound, particularly in the housing market.
- Looking at Japanese Prime Minister Abe’s move to both increase taxes and stimulus spending.
- Considering why the extreme right hates Obamacare so much.
- More of the critical study of dysfunctionology: pointing to one of the culprits, gerrymandering.
- Laying out the 24th edition of Sequester Watch: remember, those who forget the sequester are doomed to repeat it.
Share the post "Hey, What’d I Miss? OTE Summary, 10/1 – 10/7"