- Over at the NYT Economix blog: listing four ideas for tax reform and explaining what economics has to say about rising profits and falling wages.
- Mixin’ it up with Andy Busch on his radio show.
- Outlining seven reasons why you’re not hearing so much about the budget deficit these days.
- Giving some first impressions of the SOTU and mentioning a few residual thoughts on the speech.
- Thanking, snarkily, fiscal drag for reducing real GDP growth last year.
- Looking at a fascinating development in Tennessee on unions, the auto industry, and well-heeled “outside agitators.”
- Highlighting a new executive order to raise wages.
- Worrying about net exports while appreciating their recent contributions.
Music: two exemplary versions of an old Charlie Parker blues ditty called Billie’s Bounce in this week’s musical interlude.