- February jobs day roundup: listing some main takeaways, and delving deeper into the report to look at labor force participation and weekly earnings.
- Highlighting an impressive piece of journalism from Mike Fletcher at the WaPo about the differences in life expectancy between older persons of widely different economic means.
- Looking at who benefits from the climbing US stock market (spoiler: those at the very top).
- Pointing out that the safety net caught a lot of children in the recent Great Recession.
- Recapping my Senate testimony on reducing wasteful spending (of a particular sort) by reforming tax expenditures.
- Featuring a CBO graph on the deficit’s impact on growth in the near vs. long term.
- Pushing back against the tyranny of the average: on the misleading use of the historical average of revenues and outlays as shares of GDP.
Bonus: a star-struck encounter with the supremely awesome Carole King.