- Over at NYT Economix blog: sifting through the various meanings of tax fairness (and presenting one pretty intuitive measure from the Citizens for Tax Justice).
- On Tax Day: Jotting down some random thoughts on Tax Day Eve regarding tax fairness, examining our general perceptions of the question, and rounding up a few articles to wrap up this year’s Tax Day.
- A brief comment, with more to come, on Thomas Pikkety’s great new book, “Capital in the 21st Century”.
- Pointing out that it’s hard to tell a story about top earnings that doesn’t involve a hefty dose of rent seeking.
- Listing some observations regarding Fed Chair Janet Yellen’s speech on the health of the labor market.
- Pointing to two things to watch and one to listen to regarding income inequality, tax policy and fiscal policy.
- Evaluating income inequality in the United States and questioning whether capital or labor income are to blame for its growth.
- Analyzing the correlation between high salaries in finance and deregulation of the industry.
- Highlighting an op-ed by former Treasury Secretary Larry Summers on infrastructure investment and listing a few key points of my own on the topic.
Music: Another taste of Elvin Bishop in this week’s musical interlude.