- Pointing to my recent piece on the NYT Economix blog on the Detroit bankruptcy, and suggesting a temporary public jobs program to help the city pull itself up by its bootstraps.
- Explaining that what really hurts economic growth is not-growth.
- Highlighting Ben Bernanke’s speech about Fed policy and the economy.
- Noting how the sequester is harming national parks.
- On the Taylor rule: responding to Taylor’s issue with my blog post, illustrating the problem with his suggested version of the rule, and outlining a few more points on the Taylor rule and the Fed.
- Wondering why the government is paying a UK firm $1.2 billion to set up the ACA’s insurance exchanges instead of a US one.
- Laying out the fourteenth edition of Sequester Watch: those who forget about sequestration are doomed to repeat it…
Music: a dose of confectionary cinematic escapism from Pitch Perfect in this week’s Friday Musical Interlude.