- Over at the NYT Economix blog: highlighting more evidence that part-time work is not driven by Obamacare and arguing that the August jobs report should discourage a September taper.
- Pointing to a Q&A on economic disparity I did with Tom Moran of the NJ Star-Ledger.
- On the August jobs report: previewing the data on Jobs Day Eve, noting that the data should point the Fed away from a September taper, and discussing the relationship between the lower unemployment rate and public sector jobs.
- Illustrating that a higher trade deficit is a drag on economic growth.
- Looking at how fiscal policy got so turned upside down.
- Laying out the 20th edition of Sequester Watch: remember, those who forget the sequester are doomed to repeat it.
Music: I wrote an old school jazz tune for this week’s Friday Musical Interlude.